Events in May 2015
27 May 2015 in Glasgow, Scotland
This conference will be of particular relevance to those working with children and young people in education settings. We aim to refresh and enhance your knowledge on a variety of hot topics and current developments in the field of children’s mental health - show examples of good practice and most importantly provide you with practical information.
Download a Leaflet and Programme: www.medicacpd.com
Key Topics To Be Covered On The Day Include:
- Autism and mental health issues
- Self harm
- Adolescent substance abuse
- Anxious children and adolescents - how we can best help children in the context of family and the school setting.
- How diagnosis helps and hinders children & teenagers
- How traumatic experiences can impact on children and young people and what you can do to help?
- Art therapy and children’s mental health
Events in June 2015
08 June 2015 in Rugby, Warwickshire
The day will be a blend of presentations, workshops, plenary discussions and the opportunity to network with like-minded colleagues. It may be counted as part of the PRTL or CPD for registered social workers.
The workshops aim to:
- Provide practical information about what is involved in being an independent practitioner from both the professional and business perspectives
- Explore some of the risks involved and how to manage them
- Consider what is required to develop a stable and ethically-sound practice
- Give you some insight into different types of independent practice and settings
- Put you in touch with a network of independent practitioners.
Click here to view session summaries
Click here to view programme
29 June 2015 in Sheffield
Social Work Under Pressure - Responding to Risk in an Environment of Cuts
Guest speakers confirmed so far:
- The Right Honourable David Blunkett
- Professor Jill Manthorpe, King's College London
- Nick Hardwick CBE, HM Chief Inspector of Prisons
- Jenny Molloy, BASW England Patron
Workshops will include:
- Shaping the future of BASW England: Engaging the membership
- ASYE and social work education today
- Abuse linked to Faith and Belief
- The Care Act - is it making a difference?
BASW Members - £10
Students (Non-BASW Member) £20 (If you decide to join BASW prior to the conference we will refund you £10)
Non-BASW Members - £50
BASW members are asked to pay a small fee towards the conference however the AGM is free to attend.
Events in July 2015
08 July 2015 in Manchester
his seminar aims not only to provide social workers with knowledge of the Care Act and the Guidance, but also to equip social workers to engage with their employers about the key issues and responsibilities of the Care Act.
This seminar will consist of a mixture of presentations, discussion and case-studies. In order for the seminar to be interactive numbers will be limited to 30 delegates.
Events in September 2015
06 September 2015 in Edinburgh, Scotland
Put social work in Europe on the map! The British Association of Social Workers (BASW) is hosting the largest social services event in Europe, held this year within the UK. We will be celebrating the achievements of social work partnerships across 40 countries and don’t want you to miss out.
In September, Edinburgh will see 2,000 social work delegates exchange innovative practice skills, knowledge and expertise over a three day international conference and expo. Make the most of this exceptional opportunity by going online now to find out more.
The International Federation of Social Workers’ European Conference and Social Services Expo will provide a unique opportunity to meet colleagues from across Europe and learn about cutting edge practice and developments in social work. Over 21 countries will provide workshop opportunities to share practice skills, knowledge and expertise. From these workshops international networks will be formed to continue your learning through international exchange.
Two days of stunning international speakers alongside posters and films will provide learning and development opportunities for all.
This will be followed by a third day of specialist seminars in real workplaces in the locality
Published on 07 January 2016
BASW professional officer Sue Kent and Tricia Gbinigie, business development officer for Independent and Locum Social Workers at BASW provide their Top 10 Tips on things to consider before becoming a locum or independent social worker.
Published on 10 December 2015
Sue Kent, professional officer at BASW, provides locum social workers with 10 Top Tips for successful report writing.